National Prayer and Fasting begins

Pray without ceasing 1 Thessalonian s 5 verses 16 to 18: Is it really possible to pray without ceasing and to give thanks to the Lord in all circumstances.
Malawians today using social media have began a special 3 day prayer and fasting for their Nation. They are praying for the country's social, political and economic challenges to be addressed by God. Malawi is officially classified as a God fearing Nation.
But Malawi of today is almost broken. The spirit of love has disappeared and slowly young men are attacking innocent mothers and sisters, criminals are duping people even the poorest asking them to pay money for jobs, tired health workers are shouting at innocent patients, Teachers are chasing innocent students from school because they have not been paid hardship allowance. Justice is now for the rich and affluent, even striking courts can open for them.
The poor rot in jails, the poor are dying from preventable causes, parents are dumping children in the streets, people are spitting on the beggars, our elected representatives have become so selfish that they demand millions for themselves and deny the same to Teachers, Doctors, Nurses and other poorly paid labourers.
Our political system is broken, cold and open wars characterise our parties be it in the DPP, be it in the Malawi Congress Party, be in the UDF or even the Alliance for Democracy.
Ordinary poor people are called names and asked to be grateful and sing praise when poverty is biting, when people monopolise maize sales and contracts, when Civil Society has now turned on personal crusades.
Banks do not blink to announce billions of profits they share every year milked from a poorly remunerated Malawians, Government is defending an improbable Zero Deficit Budget whose only claim of independence is to tax poor people more. Taxes are choking Malawians.
Economically private sector wallows in bonuses and they use petty handouts to glorify their companies. Alcohol is sold to minors, chamba is everywhere, prostitution is now a hall mark of our cities and towns. Rape, torture and abuse of house maids, own children and foster children goes un reported.
HIV and Aids is taking it toll, Cancer treatment can only be afforded by the rich, our affluent die in well equipped Hospitals in South Africa.
But there is still hope. Malawi is a smiling nation. We are a reflection of Gods gift to human kind. Amidst all the challenges, we still wed, dance and assist each other during funerals. Amidst fear of the future we have sang songs of victory at birth, graduation and even during death.
We are a loving nation, even beggars go in the street with hope. We choose to live in hope than despair, we chose to believe that God will take us through. The Bible assures us that if we come together and pray, he is a faithful and just God to save us. God says so on 2 Chronicles 7 Verse 14:
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
God promised Abraham that even with a few people he will not destroy Sodom and Gomorah. Abraham prayed and interceded on behalf of the believers. Malawians who proclaim every Friday, Saturday and Sunday to fear the Living God, will humble themselves and pray for their country.
The pain has gone long enough, solutions have not been forthcoming. Our religious leaders wine and dine with politicians and they have taken sides in every discussion. They have failed to stand for the poor man. Those that critic Government do that out of political interest, those that support Government are lured by the pleasures of the land.
It is time to turn to a just and true God. The ONLY one God who promised Abraham:

Genesis 18-20

The Lord Promises Abraham a Son

18 One hot summer afternoon Abraham was sitting by the entrance to his tent near the sacred trees of Mamre, when the Lord appeared to him. 2 Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. He quickly ran to meet them, bowed with his face to the ground, 3 and said, “Please come to my home where I can serve you. 4 I’ll have some water brought, so you can wash your feet, then you can rest under the tree. 5 Let me get you some food to give you strength before you leave. I would be honored to serve you.”

“Thank you very much,” they answered. “We accept your offer.”

6 Abraham quickly went to his tent and said to Sarah, “Hurry! Get a large sack of flour and make some bread.” 7 After saying this, he rushed off to his herd of cattle and picked out one of the best calves, which his servant quickly prepared. 8 He then served his guests some yogurt and milk together with the meat.

While they were eating, he stood near them under the trees, 9 and they asked, “Where is your wife Sarah?”

“She is right there in the tent,” Abraham answered.

10 One of the guests was the Lord, and he said, “I’ll come back about this time next year, and when I do, Sarah will already have a son.”

Sarah was behind Abraham, listening at the entrance to the tent. 11 Abraham and Sarah were very old, and Sarah was well past the age for having children. 12 So she laughed and said to herself, “Now that I am worn out and my husband is old, will I really know such happiness?”

13 The Lord asked Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Does she doubt that she can have a child in her old age? 14 I am the Lord! There is nothing too difficult for me. I’ll come back next year at the time I promised, and Sarah will already have a son.”

15 Sarah was so frightened that she lied and said, “I didn’t laugh.”

“Yes, you did!” he answered.

Abraham Prays for Sodom

16 When the three men got ready to leave, they looked down toward Sodom, and Abraham walked part of the way with them.

17 The Lord said to himself, “I should tell Abraham what I am going to do, 18 since his family will become a great and powerful nation that will be a blessing to all other nations on earth. 19 I have chosen him to teach his family to obey me forever and to do what is right and fair. Then I will give Abraham many descendants, just as I promised.”

20 The Lord said, “Abraham, I have heard that the people of Sodom and Gomorrah are doing all kinds of evil things. 21Now I am going down to see for myself if those people really are that bad. If they aren’t, I want to know about it.”

22 The men turned and started toward Sodom. But the Lord stayed with Abraham, 23 who asked, “Lord, when you destroy the evil people, are you also going to destroy those who are good? 24 Wouldn’t you spare the city if there are only fifty good people in it? 25 You surely wouldn’t let them be killed when you destroy the evil ones. You are the judge of all the earth, and you do what is right.”

26 The Lord replied, “If I find fifty good people in Sodom, I will save the city to keep them from being killed.”

27 Abraham answered, “I am nothing more than the dust of the earth. Please forgive me, Lord, for daring to speak to you like this. 28 But suppose there are only forty-five good people in Sodom. Would you still wipe out the whole city?”

“If I find forty-five good people,” the Lord replied, “I won’t destroy the city.”

29 “Suppose there are just forty good people?” Abraham asked.

“Even for them,” the Lord replied, “I won’t destroy the city.”

30 Abraham said, “Please don’t be angry, Lord, if I ask you what you will do if there are only thirty good people in the city.”

“If I find thirty,” the Lord replied, “I still won’t destroy it.”

31 Then Abraham said, “I don’t have any right to ask you, Lord, but what would you do if you find only twenty?”

“Because of them, I won’t destroy the city,” was the Lord’s answer.

32 Finally, Abraham said, “Please don’t get angry, Lord, if I speak just once more. Suppose you find only ten good people there.”

“For the sake of ten good people,” the Lord told him, “I still won’t destroy the city.”

33 After speaking with Abraham, the Lord left, and Abraham went back home.

The Lord is ready to save Malawi even if there are just 10 believers. It starts with you today. Pray and Fast wherever you are. Between 1 to 3rd March 2012. If you cannot fast, make sure you share whatever you can with the needy and bless them.
Remember what the word says in 1 Samuel 15 verse 29:
And also the Glory of Israel will not lie or have regret, for he is not a man, that he should have regret.”

The Lord God Almighty promises in Psalm 12 verse 5: The LORD replies, "I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do."
MAY MALAWI RISE AGAIN TODAY WITH YOUR PRAYER, FASTING AND FORGIVENESS! SHARE THE MESSAGE SPREAD THE WORD GIVE TO THE POOR. THIS BLOG ENDORSES THE THREE DAY NATIONAL PRAYER AND FASTING BY ALL MALAWIANS OF GOODWILL!

Comments

Dr. Sue Makin said…
Dear Sir, thanks so much for your meditation on prayer and fasting for Malawi, which is well applicable for all nations as well.

Sincerely,

Sue Makin

Popular posts from this blog

Obama, Ntaba and the long walk towards Tobacco control

Protect the Poor Madame President