Let the Hand of God be with you all Malawians as we vote!!

Finally the hour has come. Malawi is full of anticipation. The country is about to blast into anxiety. The two long days are ahead of the Nations voting day. May 19, 2009. It is and has always been a Tuesday.
But they are issues in this election that might never equal another elections in years to come. A bruised presidential candidate who has just been denied a return to offices. An opposition leader who still cries of what he calls a rigged election and a President who left a party which sponsored him to form another.
Thats what brings the drama, anxiety, hope and fear in the mind of the electorate.
Then there are young minds that are voting for the first time. I would put them between a million or 1.5 million. They are excited to join the club of voters to decide what section 12 of the republican constitution calls authority of the people.
I am happy to have lived to see another election, another great time for Malawi to prove its peace and democratic credentials.
We are one family and whatever happens on May 19, will just testify that we are a tolerant nation of divergent views. We respect and love one another as a nation.
I said I will say who I will vote for. I will vote for stability not turmoil. I will vote for good governance and not dictatorship. I will vote for someone who does NOT practice nepotism or tribalism. I will vote for someone who will remember that the youth of Malawi are its greatest assest. I will vote for someone who will end poverty in rural areas when the poor produce plenty.
I will after elections continue to work as a Journalist, there have been funny suggestions that I will get a certain funny post if A or B wins.
I spoke to a presidential candidate he asked me what do you do after elections, I said, I want to interview you Sir. He was shocked, you mean you dont want anything.
I said I have been offered similar posts in public and private. I wish to remain a Journalist for the next five years.
Therefore as a good Journalist I am happy to have scrutinised all the manifestos. Some did not contain the promises made, I wrote they included them. Some are asking for too much power- I am told they have changed it.
I am very happy that in a little way, through our writings Malawians have been able to see what people are, what candidates look like and more importantly what their thinking is as Malawians vote on Tuesday.
I will be posting results in as much as I can from Tuesday evening.
I will be voting at 5.30pm at New State House school where I registered in Lilongwe City South East.
I will vote for a president of my choice.
I will vote for a Member of Parliament.
It is my brith rights and I will want to all of us Malawians to go out and vote.
Let the hand of God guide all of us as we vote!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
"I will vote for someone who does practice nepotism or tribalism" Did I hear you right?
Unknown said…
sorry boss there was an ommission. there should be a bIG NOT
Unknown said…
sorry boss there was an ommission. there should be a bIG NOT

Popular posts from this blog

Obama, Ntaba and the long walk towards Tobacco control

Protect the Poor Madame President